Tuesday 18 October 2022

16/10/22 - Ivy House - Old Match Lake

Weight - 46lb 7oz (3lb 8oz - silvers)
Catch - 9 Carp, 8 Skimmers
Weather - Bright & sunny
Match - Open (18 fished) - 10th overall

P16 today on the Old Match Lake, so not far from where I was yesterday, however it has fished completely different. As well as a few more anglers on the lake, the breeze had dropped and it was bright and sunny.
 
I had nothing at 16m tapping pellets or short and it took me 55mins to net my first fish on the feeder. Jamie was catching on p18 and Phil on p15 had a couple of fish on the lead & bread casting between the islands, but generally most were struggling.
 
I tried fishing for skimmers, using the same tactics as yesterday, but it became obvious they weren’t feeding properly in the flat bright conditions. At the halfway point, I lost a big carp on the skimmer rig which broke me and with only 3½lb of silvers I didn’t see the point of setting up a new rig.
 
Therefore, for the last 2½hrs I focused on the carp as a late run particularly down the margin could pull me up into frame.
 
Pinging pellets at 16m only produced 2 fish and the straight lead to the island only 1 carp. So as time went by, I concentrated on the short line with 4s & 6s and down the right margin fed with micros and corn. Unfortunately, the margin only produced 1x 10lber on double corn, leaving the short line to produce the bulk of my fish on 6mm hair rigged pellet, but it was slow going.  
 
Overall a tricky day for most
 
1.    117- 5 – Jamie Dixey – p18
2.    107- 1 – Jeff Rogers – p5
3.      65- 6 – Chris Cotteral – p7
4.      65- 1 – Ricky Spitieri – p9
5.      64- 2 – Stu Foale – p23
Silvers
1.      18- 5 – Ricky Mills – p19
2.      18- 0 – Sid Webb – p8
3.        9- 2 – Billy Ockwell – p12
4.        7- 3 – Jamie Dixey – p18

No comments: