Monday 19 September 2022

17/09/22 - Glebe - Pool 7

Weight - 140lb 13oz
Catch - 23 Carp, 1 Skimmer
Weather - Sunny, strong northerly breeze
Match - 2 dayer (15 fished) - 8th overall, 3rd in section

Another end peg for me in the shape of p109 on pool 7 and a few screwed up faces on the locals suggested it hasn’t been the best. With a northerly breeze blowing in the end bank, I was hopeful for a few fish.

As I set up the wind was quite light, so I plumbed up at 13m where it starts to shallow up feeding 4s and 13m off to my left fed with micros and corn. Well, the first 90mins was a struggle. I couldn’t get a bite at 13m out in front and hooked 2 carp to my left on corn. The hooklength snapped on the first and then the elastic snapped at the connector for the second.

I did catch 1 carp on the straight lead and pellet over the 13m line, but with an increasingly strong breeze the tow had picked up and I decided to sack off the 13m lines.

I had already been pinging 4s into the end bank, as well as pinging 8s long to fish the straight lead as a backup line.

Switching to the end bank toss potting baninion boosted corn and micros with corn on the hook, I started catching and feeling much better about things. I lost a few foul hookers, but generally most fish were hooked properly including a few decent fish.

At the halfway point the swim was fading a bit and whilst I let it rest, I caught a few fish on the straight lead and 8mm pellet. Moving back to the end bank it was still tricky, mostly because the wind had increased. Switching to a heavier rig helped.

I had been feeding 6s on a short line, but never had a bite and my lead line didn’t produce any more, which just left my left hand margin. I had given the swim regular pots of corn and micros and first drop in produced a 12lber on double corn.

The last 90mins was steady swapping between the end bank and margin. By the end I caught more than expected, but I was a little disappointed as I missed out on 2nd in section by 7lb and winning the section by 22lb. With a few better choices earlier (and local knowledge) I should have pushed for the section win.

Pool 6 was the place to be as everyone caught over 200lb.

An enjoyable 2 days and I just wish it was a little closer to home.









No comments: