Monday 19 September 2022

16/09/22 - Glebe - Pool 1

Weight - 99lb 4oz (10lb 8oz - silvers)
Catch - 21 Carp, 7 Skimmers, 1 Tench
Weather - Sunny, with a cool northerly
Match - 2 dayer (18 fished) - 11th overall, 3rd in section

The first of 2 days at the Glebe. Nothing big just a few of the locals getting together and I managed to get an invite via Pops, probably to just to make up the numbers! None the less I do enjoy coming here and haven’t managed a trip so far this year.

Today would be on pool 1 and tomorrow on pools 5, 6 and 7. Today also coincided with the coldest night and a forecast northerly wind as summer slips away.

I drew the end peg p30. A great peg in the summer but speaking to a few locals suggested it could be hard as it has been near bottom of the section in the previous couple of weeks.

Fortunately, I was mostly sheltered from the worst of the wind and spent most of the match in a t-shirt, whilst those further down the lake were wrapped up in several layers.

I started off at 14m where the lake starts to shallow up tapping in 4s and fishing a 6mm pellet. 2 carp in 15mins was a good start, but bites soon tailed off as I managed 1 more carp and a skimmer in the next 30mins.

In the meantime, I had been pinging 4s towards the end bank and when I switched, I stayed here for most of the match again fishing a 6mm pellet tapping in 4s in 2ft of water. The fish were a little smaller than the normal stamp, but at least I was catching, although I lost a couple of fish under the overhanging reeds

I tried a short line with corn, but this only produced a few skimmers, so I didn’t waste too much time on that. I had also been feeding micros and corn down the left margin, hoping for a strong finish, but only managed 2 carp on paste and nothing on corn. With no ripple the fish just didn’t seem to settle.

Overall, I felt I did ok bearing in mind the peg hasn’t fished well recently. 157lb won my section with 175lb winning the match.

No comments: