Monday 22 May 2017

21/05/17 - Glebe - pool 3 (uglies)

Weight - 32lb 10oz
Catch - 4 Carp, 3 Perch
Weather - Warm and sunny, breezy
Match - Ivan Marks Memorial - day 2 - 44th out of 91, 2nd in section

So onto the second day and with more anglers booked in today, it meant foundation lake would be included, which no one wanted. Well I avoided foundation, but drew p59 on Uglies (pool 3) and looking at yesterdays result 27lb came off it, with DNW's from either side, which suggested a difficult day lay ahead.

Fortunately for me the peg to my right (p60) wasn't in today, so at least I had a little more space. However, uglies by name ugly by nature, the day was really hard work and not much to write about, so I've just put loads of photo in the blog instead! And loving the XL colmic rollers, which came in very handy today.

I started the match on the feeder, firstly with corn and then 8mm pellet, without success. During the week I received 2 tubs of Marukyu 8mm band um type pellet to try, in krill and scopex flavours. To make something happen I tried a krill pellet and caught a 4lb carp - result. However that was the only fish I caught on the feeder.

As expected the fishing was hard, with very little being caught, with angler to my left yet to catch and the angler on p61 had 2 carp. The rest of the match was just trying to catch, on the lead, waggler, short pole line and margins - nothing, not even an indication.

Fortunately at the half way stage I mugged an 11lber as it swam past me at 5m, but these fish were easily spooked and it was difficult to spot them due to amount of 'white' water in front of me.

The most exciting period of the match was a 10min spell 30mins from the end, when I mugged another carp. As soon as I netted that one, I immediately mugged another which came off at the net. Unbelievably I immediately hooked another and again this one came off! Bugger, I wasn't happy because with so few fish being caught that might prove costly. Fortunately I managed to mug another almost immediately and this one was safely landed.

I couldn't tempt another in the last 20mins and was glad for the end of the match. Those lost fish did prove costly, since the section was only won with 39lb, but at least I managed to pick up 2nd in section.

A great weekend, where in excess of £3,000 was raised for a number of charities. Also Ivan Marks widow presented all the section payouts over the 2 days and the winners trophy to Jarrad Smith who won the match from p30 on pool 1 with 181-10.

1st 181-10 - Jarrad Smith - p30 (pool 1)
2nd 158- 7 - Mick Wheatley - p7 (pool 1)
3rd 149- 3 - Paul Taylor -p10 (pool 1)
4th 148-14 - Nick Massp - p25 (pool 1)
5th 138- 6 - Rich Bedder - p5 (pool 1)
6th 133- 3 - Andy Kinder - p16 (pool 1)

No comments: