Monday 4 May 2015

03/05/15 - Lands End - Match

Weight - 40lb 12oz
Catch - 7 Carp, 4 Roach, 3 Skimmers, 2 Perch
Weather - Sunny and showers
Match - Open - 16th out of 18

This blog wont take long and concluded a miserable fishing weekend.

Another poor draw (peg 3), although a number of people did remind me that Tony had caught 200lb a few weeks ago and there were a few fish moving against the reeds on the island.

I wasted the first hour chasing carp that didn't want to feed by the island, trying 8mm pellet, expander, meat and caster. After 3hrs I only caught 2 perch! The wheels had fallen off big time.

What I should have done is fish for silvers, particularly since I had 2pts of caster with me! For what ever reason I stuck it out with the carp, more out of principle than practical reasons, catching on the short meat line, but absolutely nothing from the island all match. In the end I tried to force the swim and properly overfed. However poor decision making in the first hour put me on the back foot, combined with a lack of clarity in thought met I didn't make the most of the peg

Needless to say I was the butt of much piss taking, including a cheer when I landed my first carp - thanks lads!

The last 4 weeks of so, I'm having to work really hard to catch and really looking forward to drawing a flyer on a day when the conditions aren't against me.

1st 159-13 - Mike Nicholls - p13
2nd 147-11 - Craig Edmunds - p1
3rd 142- 8 - Bela Bakos - p11
4th 124-10 - Paul Elmes - 50
5th 122- 8 - Anton Page - 42
6th 118- 0 - Tony Rixon - p7

Silvers
1st 22-13 - Nigel Bartlett - p21
2nd 22- 2 - Craig Edmunds - p1
3rd 21- 5 - Paul Faires - p24


No comments: