Monday 23 December 2013

22/12/13 - Lands End - Speci


This blog will be very short! Well it’s very difficult to write loads about catching 2 perch.
 
My drawing arm has really deserted me recently, with only 1 flyer in the last 15 matches, so I shouldn’t have been surprised when I opened up the ticket to see 25 staring back at me. This part of the lake has simply been awful recently, even when the lake didn’t fish well it was usually worth a few fish.
 
However, not today.  I tried soft pellet over micros and lost 1 decent fish after an hour. I eventually caught a perch down the left hand bank after 3.5hrs on maggot, but with just over an hour left I had enough and packed up early.

 

At least I had a few laughs with Paul Elmes (p40) & Nick Duckett (p39), because there wasn’t anything else to do. Kev Molton on p26 only had 1 skimmer, so this end of the lake is definitely one to avoid for the 3rd round of the Winter League on 3rd Jan.
 
Look on Tony’s blog for the results

No comments: