Monday 11 November 2013

10/11/13 - Lands End - Match

Weight - 5lb 3oz
Catch - 5 Perch, 5 Roach, 2 Skimmers
Weather - More heavy overnight rain. Bright, sunny day
Match - 34th out of 35, 5th out of 5 section
 
I have taken over the running of the Lands End winter league and with 36 booked in the series was full, despite a couple of late drop outs a few days before hand, so thanks to Darren Fordham and Gary O’Shea who stepped in late. Unfortunately Aaron couldn't make it. Just found out he couldn't attend due to a family illness.
 
After the initial rush of anglers drawing, there were 5 pegs left in the bucket, with peg 1 and 37 being the pegs neither Mike Duckett nor I wished to draw. I got p1 and Mike got p37. At least we couldn’t be accused of fixing the draw! The remaining 3 pegs were 7, 32 & 58, with p7 not drawn, I could see & hear the fish boshing all day between 6 & 11.
 
I was seriously disappointed to find myself on p1, I just can’t get away from this end of the lake at the moment, particularly with the other pegs in the bucket. After last year’s series, where I struggled for a decent draw, it appeared my form in this league was going the same way. I consoled myself with the fact there were a few silvers in area, however another night of heavy rain, followed by bright, flat conditions, meant I wasn’t confident the skimmers in particular would feed.
 
For company Tony Rixon was on p24, Tom Thick on p22 and Clint Wotlyla p20, so it was never going to be a quiet day, with loads of banner flying around.
 
Well, I experienced one of my worst days fishing at Lands End for a long time. Rigs and feed were the same as yesterdays, but I just couldn’t catch. I did lose a big skimmer and a carp at the net, but it wouldn’t have been enough to improve my position. Looking back over last years results, this peg was one of the worst, but even so, really surprised to have struggled so badly.

After a good run of results over the last 4 months, I was due a shocker, just wish it wasn't today!
 
Tony did well to catch from under the tree, but Tom had a mare as well catching 2 carp and 3lb of silvers. Fingers crossed for a better draw on the next round (8 December).
 
1st 84-11 – Tom Mangnall – p55
2nd 77- 6 – Dave Wescott – p31
3rd 70-11 – Craig Edmunds – p66
4th 68-14 – Paul Elmes – p19
5th 57-14 – Chris Fox – p70
6th 56- 7 – Bob Gullick – p33
 
Silvers
1st 29-3 – Bob Gullick – p33
2nd 17-2 – Nigel Bartlett – p32
3rd 12- 1 – Mark Brennan – p3

2 comments:

Chris Fox said...

The briefcase and cashbox are obviously a jinx..........

tony rixon,s days out said...

And the carrot is still in view in the snag where you left it