Sunday 15 January 2012

14/01/12 - Fishponds

Weight – 89lb 11oz
Catch – 12 Carp
Weather – Frosty start, sunny, cold, very slight easterly
Water Temp – 7.2c – 7.7c

Sometimes we do things and then wonder why the f*** did I do that? Well I received a text from Mark saying he managed to put diesel into his petrol car – doh! (sorry mate couldn’t resist). As for me, I turned up at the venue, deciding it would be a good idea to drive across the mud track. The only problem was, as I turned the car around, my back wheel got caught in a dip. So had to jack 3 of the wheels, putting some wood under them, I eventually got out. Teach me for being lazy.

No match this weekend, simply because it’s the last weekend before payday and some unexpected bills such as getting a puppy and paying for a MOT which was actually due last month, on top of Christmas meant I could do with a cheap weekend. So decided on a trip to my club water.

I had intended fishing the long bank, but having wasted nearly 45mins freeing the car, I decided to fish peg 6, in front of the shed. I also decided fish 20-25m out and immediately threw out the straight lead which was already set up to try and make up some time, whilst I set a waggler. Also I wanted to see if there was any fish in the area before settling. Fortunately there were, as I landed a carp after 10mins. Another followed 10mins later, by which I time I had set a 2 swan Insert Waggler, fishing the 7ft swim with 6x no 11s, 0.16 bottom and 16 B911.

Initially caught on corn, feeding 6mm’s. I tried 4mm expander and bread, catching 1 on bread, but corn was definitely better, probably due to the weight of the corn, since I was fishing dead depth.

As the session progressed bites dried up, until the last hour, when I caught 2 more on the lead casting to my left where I had seen a couple of carp topping, then I had 2 fish on the waggler and pellet.

It was certainly a cold day, particularly when the sun disappeared behind the clouds, but enjoyable none the less.

No comments: