Sunday 2 August 2009

What no fishing?

You may have noticed a lack of activity on my blog. Unfortunately circumstance has meant fishing has taken a back seat. I was suppose to be spending this week down at Stafford Moor but finances simply won’t allow, which I absolutely gutted about, because I really enjoy my trips to Andy’s fishery.

Suzanne is still amongst the ranks of the unemployed, despite continually applying for positions without success. There is however light at the end of the tunnel. Suzanne has always wanted to leave the motor industry and a few opportunities have come to light for her to go self employed. This obviously provides its own challenge, but Sue is really excited to be control of her destiny. However it is taking a little longer than expected to finalise a deal, which was originally mid July, then mid August, now its likely to be the start of September.

As for myself, I now know who is buying my department. Now whilst I expect the new company to be a good employer, the opportunities for professional development and increased income is likely to be limited. However I am currently in negotiation with my existing employer about staying with them, which could an exciting opportunity, if not more risky then going to the new company.

In the meantime I have been helping Sue set up her business, which has meant less time for fishing (as well as a lack of money). It is therefore with regret I have to stop running the South West Winter League, passing control to Dave Downton. I sincerely hoped I didn’t have to and waited as long as I could before making a decision, hoping my personal circumstances would improve.

I’m confident Suzanne will be successful, but the next 2-3 months are still likely to be very tough. I will still be fishing, but simply not as often as I would like. I am hoping come the New Year I will be back on an even keel and will be able to fish Mikes Lands End Winter League.

No comments: