Sunday 9 August 2009

08/08/09 - Fishponds

Weight – 251lb 7oz
Catch – 34 Carp, 1 Golden Orfe, 1 Rudd.
Weather – Sunny & calm, breeze picked up later.
Water Temp– 20.5c > 21.5c

It was my turn on the grass cutting rota, so I didn’t need much of an excuse to go fishing afterwards. By the time I finished my chores I had 5 hours available and I really fancied fishing shallow on the pole.

I set up on peg 22 and with plenty of fish moving around prospects looked good, although I was initially concerned the fish wont appreciate a pole over their heads in the flat conditions, however as I started to fish a light breeze picked up.

After 2hrs I already had 100lb, feeding 8mm pellet at 13m, fishing a polyball. Unfortunately I had to take a 20 minute break when I smashed my top kit and promptly caught the shredded end in my index finger. After I got most of the carbon bits out, Ian was on hand with a 1st aid kit. Thanks.

I had also been feeding towards the right hand pallet and when I returned to my peg I immediately went over with paste catching my biggest fish of the day (11lb 15oz).

In total I had 151lb shallow, whilst the rest came to the paste down the right hand margin. In general the bigger fish came on the shallow rig and towards the end I also managed a Golden Orfe of 3lb 11oz.

No comments: