Monday 15 November 2021

13/11/21 - Ivy House - Kingfisher

Weight - 41lb 14oz (7lb 14oz - silvers)
Catch - 15 Carp, 10 Skimmers, 3 Roach
Weather - Mild and cloudy. Light breeze.
Match - Open (23 fished)

There were 23 of us today over the Old Match Lake and Kingfisher. I drew p40 on Kingfisher, which was only 2 away from where I was last Sunday.

Unlike last week I didn’t bother dobbin bread along the far bank as I wasn’t confident of catching that way, preferring to start at the bottom of the far shelf and looking around at those that were dobbin not much was caught.

Starting on corn to my left produced no bites after 10mins, so I switched to feeding a small ball of BMG boosted
micros, fishing a 4mm BMG janner and caught 5 carp and a skimmer over the first hour, which was more than anyone else, so a good start.

The remainder of the match was a bit of struggle, as skimmers, although welcome, replaced the carp during the middle part. Unlike last week, my short line, fed with BMGX and micros only produced a few skimmers and a decent carp.

At the halfway point, I tried pinging 4s off to my right, but this only produced 2 small carp on banded 4mm pellet. I also feed baninion boosted corn and micro hemp down the right margin and this only produced 2 more carp, so it was just a case of keep rotating swims to keep putting fish in the net, finishing with 2 carp and a skimmer in the last 10mins which proved useful, as I won Kingfisher and surprisingly came 2nd overall.


1.
    47- 6 – Jamie Dixey – p2 (OML)
2.  41-14 – Ken Rayner – p40 (K)
3.    35-14 – Tim – p13 (OML)
4.    35-10 – John Morgan – p8 (OML)
5.    35- 0 – Nic Baggot – p43 (K)
6.    27-10 – Elick Payne – p38 (K)
Silvers
1.    12-12 – Baz – p1 (OML)
2.    11-14 – Andy Lord – p44 (K)
3.    10-  0 – Glynn Loveday – p42 (K)
4.      8-  8 – Baggy – p4 (OML)
5.      7-14 – Ken Rayner – p40 (K)

No comments: