Sunday 9 April 2017

08/04/17 - Sedges - Tile

Weight - 23lb 12oz
Catch - 8 Skimmers, 2 Carp
Weather - Bright & sunny. South easterly breeze
Match - Coops Guru Series - rd 2 - 14th out of 20, 3rd in section

After my 2nd in section in the first round, I was looking forward to getting good points and a good days fishing this round.

I was happy to draw p25 and with the breeze blowing at me and later cross me felt I could be in for a good day. Well I just had one of those days when I couldn't make anything work.

After an hour I was still bite less having tried the method to the island, the waggler and the long pole. Fortunately not much had been caught in my section (21-25) and there was still plenty of time.

Since the carp weren't playing ball I spent the next hour at 13m fishing expander, priming a shallow line at 16m, as well as feeding 11s towards the rope. 5 Skimmers got me off the mark, but I really needed some carp.

Switching to the shallow pole I managed an 8lber and thought here we go, but no more followed except for an skimmer. Another skimmer on paste and I felt it just wasn't going to happen.

What was really frustrating was being unable to catch except for 1 carp on the waggler, particularly since Mark Wynne and Lee Thomas either side of me were both catching. It felt like I was in dead zone. In hindsight I think feeding 11s to get the distance in the wind was a mistake and I should have been satisfied with feeding 8s at a shorter distance, which I started to do, but lost the rig when I caught it in the tree behind me. Rather than waste time re-setting it, I stayed on the pole hoping the fish would turn up later in the match, they didn't.

Got a battering either side, but felt the fish were in pockets and not really feeding properly yet, which was echoed by a couple of others.

A disappointing day, where I tried to make something happen on a day I think being patient would have been better. Still managed 3rd in section which I hope will be my dropper for the series. Congratulations to Dave Romain for breaking the match record, I think there were a few fish down that end of the lake.

1. 311-15 - Dave Romain - p31
2. 102- 7 - Jamie Cook (Sedges) - p40
3. 98-11 - Tom Mangnall (Mosella) - p29
4. 96-10 - Mark Bellringer (Sedges) - p33
5. 85- 2 - Mark Wynne (Colmic) - p26
6. 77- 7 - Dom Sullivan (Mosella) - p30





.

No comments: