Monday 30 September 2013

28/09/13 - Tylers Lake (Brimsham Green)

Weight - 14lb 0oz
Catch - 49 Roach, 11 Skimmers, 2 Rudd, 1 Perch
Weather - Mostly cloudy, cool easterly

A day at Brimsham Green with my god son, Ross and his Dad, which gave him an opportunity to try out his birthday present, a new pole. Unfortunately a strong easterly breeze meant the skimmers didn’t feed in any numbers and I struggled for the first couple of hours fishing expander or dead maggot over pellet/groundbait.

In the end I caught a few roach short on caster, which was quite enjoyable and not something I have done for a little while, which probably showed! To finish off I dumped a load of bait down the margin hoping for a carp or 2, but finished with 3 decent skimmers, the biggest being 2½lb.

An angler opposite in the trees where it was a little more sheltered, probably had 15lb, but again very few skimmers, most of his catch was made up of F1s and a couple of tench. There was also a young lad to my right who hooked a carp on .12 bottom and 8 elastic. But fair play he got it out and I weighed it at 11-4. Needless to say the lad was quite happy.

As for Ross and his Dad, they struggled a little, but still ended up with a tidy net of roach and small skimmers.

No comments: