Sunday 19 May 2013

18/05/13 - Fishponds

Weight - 185lb 14oz
Catch - 26 Carp
Weather - Mostly sunny and light winds
Match - Club Afternoon/Evening series - 1st out of 10

10 members turned up for the 1pm draw, so a little less crowded than the last match on the lake, yet I found myself again on peg 10. To be honest it wasn't where I wanted to be, because a) the peg is the deepest on the lake with 5ft deep margins and b) the breeze was blowing into the long bank opposite.

Nothing complicated today. A paste rig & a hair rigged 8mm pellet rig to fish left & right in the margin. I also set up a long line shallow pellet rig, more in hope than expectation.

First drop in on the paste into the LH margin produced a carp and on the hour mark I had 7, by rotating between each margin. The 2nd hour brought a further 7 fish (6 on paste and 1 on pellet), but it was slowing down.

I had been feeding 8s at 13m, however there wasn't much moving around on surface, but since my margins were fading I decided to give it a go and managed 3 more fish, before catching another from the margin, by the end of the third hour.

The fourth hour was mostly spent on the shallow line, with another 4 carp, including my biggest of the day, a 12-7 mirror, but it was hard work trying to get a bite and by the 5th hour the line had died.

Fortunately the fish returned into the margin and I had a further 4 fish to finish with 26. During the weigh-in I had 5 fish for 53lb, so I had a few proper lads!


1st 185-14 - Ken - p10
2nd 118- 5 - Roger - p20
3rd 111-10 - Chris - p15
4th 88- 0 - Eddie - p12
5th 85- 2 - Andy - p17

No comments: