Monday 7 January 2013

04/01/12 - Fishponds

Weight - 151lb 13oz
Catch - 20 Carp
Weather - Mild, light breeze

With the continued mild weather I wanted to go fishing and settled on attacking the big carp at my club lake. Settling on p10, which is the deepest part of lake, but there tends to be bigger resident fish that seem to like the 5ft deep margins, although it was closer to 6ft due to the extra water, which meant some of the platforms were underwater.

Nothing complicated about the day, just feeding 4s & corn, with 6mm expander or corn on the hook. Feeding the left & right margins, plus a swim in open water at 8m, I caught 20 carp which included 4 doubles up to 11-13.

I didn’t start fishing until 11am, but got bored after 4hrs and packed up earlier than intended. Fishing by myself just doesn’t have the same appeal as a match or fishing with friends.

No comments: