Saturday 15 December 2012

15/12/12 - Tylers Lake (Brinsham Green)

Weight - 19lb 6oz
Catch - 31 Roach, 21 Skimmers, 12 Perch, 3 Rudd, 1 Crucian, 1 Goldfish, 1 Hybrid
Weather - Sunny, breezy start, showery later

Something completely today. I could have gone to Todbers Christmas match, but didnt fancy the long drive down, particularily since I'm going to Trinity Waters on Sunday. There was also a match at Lands End but with only 3 or 4 booked in, it wasnt worth it, besides I needed a lie in.

Tylers Lake is situated in Brinsham Green, Yate. I remember the lake when it was surrounded by fields, but that was 25 years ago and the last time I fished here was 10 years ago. So why did I decide on fishing here? I've walked Sapphire around the lake a few times when visiting my Mum who lives 5mins away and talking to some the anglers suggested there was plenty of skimmers, crucians and a few carp.

The recent mild weather has melted away the ice, but with a forecast wind, I settled on a more seltered area of the lake.

I only set up 2 rigs, Jolly 4x12, .08 & 22 silverfish maggot & Frostie 0.3g, .10 & 18 silverfish pellet.

A small ball of black roach & pinkie was deposited to my left at 13m and micros at 13m. Starting over the groundbait, I was soon catching small perch, then roach on pinkie or maggot, before catching better roach on caster, over tosspotted caster.

I had tried the pellet line a couple times, with no real success, but eventually the skimmers turned up on 4mm expander. I probably had the bulk of my weight in the last 2 hours of the session.

Well I had a better day than expected and they say a change of scenery is as good as rest - well sometimes.

No comments: