Monday 18 June 2012

17/06/12 - Sedges - Brick Lake

DID NOT WEIGHT!

mmm, where do I start?

I got it horribly wrong. Although I fished last weeks practice match on Tile lake, I was called away early due to a very sick dog. Fortunately Sapphire recovered, but she obviously eat something that didnt agree with her.

Since the fishing had been hard, at the time I thought I could catch shallow on caster/worm and get a few carp late on. Although I drew Brick Lake this time, I still thought the same principle would apply.

Alas it didnt. After 3 hours I had only caught 15 small fish with no signs of improvement. I also had nothing on the pellet waggler towards the central rope. So I tried to catch on the deck and lost 6 decent fish, landing only 1 good eel. Had I landed those lost fish, I would certainly been more competitive in the section, but ultimately blew out big time, trying to do something different. In fact there was a very few small fish caught, probably due to the up & down nature of recent weather.

No comments: