Tuesday 5 June 2012

04/06/12 - Fishponds

Weight - 203lb 14oz
Catch - 23 Carp, 2 Bream
Weather - Mostly sunny

I was in 2 minds about fishing today. The mornings weather was cool and cloudy, however a look at the evening TV schedule revealed not a lot, so I thought sod it and to be honest I needed a bit of a confidence boost after some average matches. It was also an ideal time to take Sapphire fishing for the 1st and see how she behaved.

Having made the decision to go, I thought it would also be a good opportunity to get a bit of practice on the pellet waggler, as well as the sliding waggler.

After an hour I had 3 carp, but lost 3 rigs with the main line snapping above the float. The 1st time was when I tried to pull the rig out of the reeds after pulling out of fish at the net. The 2nd time was when the fish was under the rod tip and the 3rd time was shortly after hooking a fish. Obviously need to replace the line, although I did only last month with a spool brought last year.

So with the pellet waggler now binned, I decided to switch to paste at 8m and even that was a comedy of errors. I had 1 fish dive under the platform. Having successfully managing to thread the pole the same way the carp still did me in the reeds. Also after landing a fish, the rig was in the water when my top kit suddenly shot off as another carp foul hooked the rig, I eventually got it back. And finally I took a walk around the lake with Sapphire, who was enjoying all the new smells. When I got back I couldn't find my no3 section, bugger. I poked around with my landing net, but couldn't retrieve the section, so there was only 1 thing for it - a bit of skinny dipping! 

In between everything I did manage a few fish, as for Sapphire she was very well behaved and completely knackered by the time we home.

No comments: