Saturday 9 July 2011

07/07/11 - Cuckoos Rest

Weight – 38lb 4oz
Catch – 11 Bream, 6 Carp, 1 Rudd
Weather – Sunny, cloudy periods. Windy.

The eagle eyed amongst you (Mr Nichols) will notice this blog is a little late. Unfortunately a migraine meant I didn’t feel like writing a blog yesterday.

Today’s session was intended to be a practice for Sundays match, however road closures and diversions, meant it took me twice as long as expected to arrive. Combined with leaving home slightly later than intended meant todays sessions would be shorter than intended, before leaving for tonight’s match as Rood Ashton. Therefore decided to concentrate on the method and the long pole.

Settling on the right side of the island, with the strong wind blowing from behind, I spent the 1st 2½hrs on the method, fishing micro pellet and gimps gold around the feeder with a hair rigged 10mm white boilie. After 30mins I had 2 carp of 6 & 7lb, but after that I began to struggle, landing 2 small carp, as well as losing 3, 1 which broke me and the hook pulled out of the other 2 as I tried to pull the fish away from the various snags on the far bank.

I spent longer than I should on the method, but it was time well spent, improving my casting tight to the far bank and hitting the clip.

The next 2½hrs was spent fishing at 13m, feeding micros & 3mm pellet, with a few 4mm’s and corn. I caught bream up to 3¼lb, plus 2 more small carp, mostly coming to 4 or 6mm soft pellet. I did try worm and corn, but pellet seemed to be best.

My silvers net went 18-13, which I was more than happy about in only a couple of hours fishing, however it unlikely it will fish this well on Sunday. Fingers crossed for some cloud cover and a manageable breeze.

No comments: