Friday 24 June 2011

23/06/11 - Rood Ashton

Weight – 33lb 0oz
Catch – 10 Carp
Weather – Mostly sunny & windy.
Match – Wiltshire Angling Evening Open – 5th out of 7

The longer these matches go on the fewer actually fish. 10 had booked in, but for various reasons only 7 turned up, so the pegs were spread along the left bank up to the point. I drew the same peg as last week, so was quite happy, however that is were my joy ended.

A really frustrating evening and I genuinely don’t know why I couldn’t catch properly. Tactics were the same as last week, the only difference was the weather condition. After the 1st 75mins I had 5 carp and doing ok, but the next hour or so I struggled to the point that feed 10-12 pouches of pellet in 1 hit. This helped with a better last hour, but the fish still hadn’t settled properly and I lost a few foulhookers.

Very, very frustrating and I must admit I got home in a bit of mood, but a quick grope of the missus soon cheered me up!

1st 84lb – Tony Gilbert
2nd 77lb – Mark Poppleton
3rd 67lb – Mike Withy

No comments: