Thursday 1 April 2010

31/03/10 - Fishponds

Weight – 123lb 12oz
Catch – 13 Carp, 5 Bream.
Weather – Cool, cloudy, windy, light showers


Decided to take the rest of the week off work and a have an extra long weekend.

Sue's insurance company Churchill have confirmed her car is a write-off, but the good news is they have actually made a fair and reasonable offer. Just have to find another car now.

Today I could have fished a mid-week open, but to be honest I wanted a lie in and with some wet & windy weather forecast I didnt fancy sitting in the teeth of a gale. So decided to visit my club water, found a peg sheltered from the wind and set about catching a few zoo creatures.

Settled on 3 swims, left & right margins which offered 4ft of water and 9.5m line which was 7ft. Feed was 4mm pellet and corn, plus micro pellet for the 9.5m swim.

Started in the margins and after an hour I had 5 carp, either on corn or soft pellet, with the left hand margin proving to be better than the right. The next hour proved to be slow and I started to feed the 9.5m swim with a big pot of pellet. Due to the tow a 1g rig was required and once I started catching I fed a big toss pot of pellet every put-in.

The 9.5m swwim prodcued 5 carp up to 13lb 12oz and 5 bream up to 3lb 7oz, whilst the margin produced 8 carp up to 10lb 3oz. Corn seemed to be better than pellet, probably because the corn sat better in the tow.

A nice simple 5 hour session.

No comments: