Thursday 4 February 2010

Stirred a hornets nest!

It appears my last blog has upset a few people. Please read the comment left.

So did I mis understand the situation? If I did I whole heartly hold my hands up and apologise. It wasnt my intention to upset anyone and to be honest I wasn’t expecting such a strong reaction. I welcome Nicks comments and he is right, up to a point, but lets be honest, we have all been guity of passing comment or making an assumption based on hearsay.

Its worth noting I deliberately did not mention any names. Why? Very simply becuase my comments werent about any individual or fishery, but about a situation that arises every week across the country. Any comments were simply an observation of events on my part. As anglers we do have the right to fish were ever we like, that is not the issue here.

How many times have you heard “is so-and-so coming?” only to meet by a sea of blank faces, then someone pops up “oh he can’t make it because…..” On the whole fishery owners have to accept this, because usually they have no choice, because banning those that don’t cancel prior to the draw isn’t practical. However it doesn’t mean it is right or the fishery owners have to be happy about. It doesn’t take much to pick up the phone.

Speaking to a number of different fishery owners over the years, they all feel unappreciated at times. I remember being at Stafford Moor, when KHV struck and Andy Seery was devastated, you could see it in his face. However 1 muppet, who apparently was a regular visitor announced at the top of his voice the fishery was sh*t and he wont return until Andy put some fish in the lakes. Talk about insensitive.

The way I see it being a fishery owner is a thankless task at times, everyone wants to catch fish, when they don’t the venue is rubbish, it needs more fish, etc, etc. This winter has been particularly hard financially, so when you expect 12-15 to turn up, but only 5 do, then yes I think it is fair to assume you will be disappointed, it’s a normal human reaction.

Know doubt the next round of the Winter League will be interesting, but if you wish to pass comment, whether you agree or disagree with my comments then please do so, obviously keeping the comments clean.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

point taken but to be fair i think you should stop going on about it now because its getting boring and you will find the people who go to landsend respect mike his family and fishery