Monday 4 May 2009

02/05/09 - Fishponds

Weight – 142lb 15oz
Catch – 18 Carp, 7 Bream, 2 Tench.
Weather – Mostly sunny, becoming increasingly breezy.
Water Temp– 15.0c > 15.0c

Decided on a practice session, before tomorrow’s match, settling on peg 3.

I set up 3 swims, 13m feeding 6mm pellet & corn, fishing corn on the hook, 10m to my left feeding 8mm pellet, fishing paste and finally 8m pellet in the margins.

After 2hrs I only had a couple of bream & carp, caught either on paste or corn, but sport was very slow. I kept plugging away on the paste, feeding a large tosspot of 8mm pellet every put in. The next 2 hours the fish arrived and nearly every put in I had bite and consequently started to put together a few fish, including 2 double figure carp, the biggest weighing 12lb 10oz.

I wanted to try a few different things, so I put the paste rig down and dumped 2 pots of 6mm pellet & corn at 13m. Whilst I let that lot settle, I tried the margins, fishing a hair rigged 8mm pellet. Despite continually feeding the previous 3 hours, I did catch, but not nearly as well as I thought I would, only landing 4 carp & 2 tench.

My 13m line didn’t really produce either, 3 carp and a single bream was all I caught, however I wasn’t that surprised. On the day paste was definitely the best bait

No comments: