Monday 27 October 2008

26/10/08 - Lands End - Johns Lake

Weight – 4lb 8oz
Catch – 7 Roach, 2 Carp, 2 Bream, 1 Perch.
Weather – Rainy start, becoming clearer & breezy.
Match – Open – last!

There are some days, when it just doesn’t happen for whatever reason or you have to hold up your hands and say I got it wrong. Fortunately I very rarely do so badly.

28 anglers turned up for this match on Johns & Sydney’s lake. I drew peg 46, which isn’t ideal, but I fully expected to catch a few, so much so I only set 3 rigs, 2 carp rigs & silvers rig. I soon found myself setting up new rigs to try & catch.

So why such a bad day? I may have overfed the swim and I probably wasn’t patient enough, but either way I should have caught more than I did.

I would rather get it wrong today than in next week’s winter league.

1st 130lb – Bela Bakos - peg 68 - maggot/shallow
2nd 79lb – Rod Wootton - peg 58 – pellet
3rd 61lb – Vince Shipp – peg 70

No comments: