Monday 20 October 2008

18/10/08 - Lands End - Match Lake

Weight – 6lb 9oz
Catch – 6 Perch, 2 Roach, 1 Tench, 1 Bream, 1 Chub.
Weather – Cool, a little breezy, cloudy periods.
Match – Open (13th overall)

Well I couldn’t believe it when I drew peg 11 again, I nearly ran to the peg. Incredibly Mike drew peg 13 as well.

Like the last couple of times, I decided to largely ignored the silvers and concentrate on the carp. Unfortunately this time the carp didn’t show.

On a separate note, Suzanne has lost her job, which means hards times ahead and a reduction in my fishing activity. As well as forfilling my obligation to the Veals Winter League, I have decided to concentrate on Lands End for the rest of the winter, including fishing the Lands End Winter League, which starts in 2 weeks. Fortunately my bait bill will low, but more importantly I do pick up over 50% of the time when fishing here, so hopefully my trips will pay for themselves.

No comments: