Monday 22 April 2024

13/04/24 - Ivy House - Old Match Lake

Weight - 33lb 10oz
Catch - 8 Carp, 8 F1s, 2 Skimmers, 1 Roach
Weather - Warm sunny start, became cooler in the afternoon. Breezy
Match - Open (13 fished) - 5th overall

I was happy enough with p4, as it gave me some room as peg 3 wasn’t in. Having drawn p3 last week, when I should have at least come 2nd I thought I would approach the match in a similar way.

As it wasn’t anywhere near as windy as last week, I started at 16m tapping in 4s, fishing a hair rigged 6mm and it wasn’t until I switched to corn that I had 2 F1s.

As there didn’t appear to be any carp on this line, I switched to the method and 6mm yellow wafter tight to the island. This ended up being my best line, catching carp and F1s, however I couldn’t catch more than 2 fish at time before having to switch.

The surprise was my 13m line where I fished 4mm expanders over micros and groundbait like last week, with expectation of catching skimmers and F1 mid-match. However, 2 skimmers and a roach really wasn’t the result I was looking for.

With 2hrs remaining I felt I wasn’t that far behind Pete on p2 who was probably leading at the time and a late run of carp down my margin or over a short line would keep me in contention. Well, it didn’t work out like that, as I only had 1 carp in the last 2 hours.

It just felt that everything I caught on last week, didn’t work this week.

1.    67-10 – Stitch – p1
2.    50-  2 – Pete Philips – p2
3.    50-  0 – Neil Richards – p11
4.    41-  4 – Phil Gooding – p5
5.    33-10 – Ken Rayner – p4 
Silvers
1.    14-  0 – Richard Rogers – p18
2.    13-  2 – Dean Johnson – p11
3.    11-  0 – Phil Gooding – p5
3.    11-  0 – Neil Richards – p11

No comments: