Monday 29 January 2024

27/01/24 - Shearwater

Finally I got my car back from Volvo, only took them 6 weeks to replace an auxiliary battery!
 
I made a late decision to fish Shearwater, selecting a peg on the road bank, opposite the lawns. I took just the one rod, fishing a XR Banjo feeder at 60m, loaded with Uzit green Thatchers, micros, P-nut 4s.
 
After baiting up with 4 feeder fulls of bait, I had 5 Bream in the first hour. After that I had a couple of quiet spells and finished with 16 Bream up to 4-12 for 51lb, only losing the one fish. Using the new Uzit worm and pineapple clouds around my 6mm wafters, with the worm cloud being the best today.
 
It made a pleasant change, catching some nice fish and I think the first frost for over a week, plus bright calm conditions meant the fishing
proved difficult and I didn’t see a single carp being landed.







No comments: