Saturday 29 June 2013

29/06/13 - Tylers Lake (Brinsham Green)

Weight - 25lb
Catch - 37 Skimmers, 7 F1s, 7 Roach, 3 Tench
Weather - Warm

I had planned to fish a match today, but had too many things to do. Waking up early I wanted to go fishing for a short early morning session and decided to fish Tylers Lake, because it was only a short drive away. Since fishing here last time in December I had wanted to come back to try again and today seemed like the perfect opportunity.

Arriving at 6am I soon set up 2 rigs, a HB Chump 0.3g > .12 > 16 B911 to fish at 11.5m and a HB Billybob 0.2g > .14 > 16 B911 to fish the margin.

After feeding 2 cups of groundbait and mixture of pellet at 11.5m, I started in the margin with corn and caught a small tench straight away. But other than little knocks, no further fish came, so I switched to long line and soon caught skimmers and a couple of F1s on 4mm expander or corn. By feeding a large toss pot of 4s & 6s every 3rd fish I managed to keep the fish on the deck. After an hour another big pot of pellet & groundbait went in and whilst that settled another visit to the margin produced another tench, plus a skimmer and a few roach. The 2nd & 3rd hour followed a similar pattern.

As I said it was only a short 3.5hr session, but very enjoyable. Next time I fish here I hope to have a little more time on my hands. There was loads of fish moving around and a decent net of roach would be on the cards if you fished caster. For free fishing it a decent little venue.



No comments: