Tuesday 26 April 2011

25/04/11 - K&A Canal - Foxhangers

Weight - 2lb 3oz
Catch - 4 Skimmers, 2 Roach, 1 Perch
Weather - Bright & sunny

As we all know Mr Rixon likes a good wind up and having read his blog from Todber yesterday he was at it again at my expense. However I have had the last laugh. Having collected his winnings for finishing 3rd, he proceeded to deposit his "empty" envelope into the back of my car. Image my delight when emptying the car I found the scrunched envelope complete with a tenner still inside - lol

Anyway back to today. Mark and I fancied an evening session after the tench and skimmers on the canal. Foxhangers is at the bottom of the Caen Hill locks and apparently there were loads of bream showing. Hippy and Craig also turned up so we were expecting a few fish.

I was a bit late arriving and the only place for my to set up was at the end of the pound. The 3 of them were fishing pellet and corn in anticipation of the bagging session, which never happened.

I caught my skimmers on the feeder & double dead maggot. I did briefly hook a carp on the pole, but it shot off and broke me. Hippy finished with about 4lb, Mark & Craig, both had less than 2lb, so not a very good session. No doubt the bream had other things on their minds.

Never mind, I've booked myself in as pools fodder for Viaducts pole only on Friday. Anything to get away from the hype of the royal wedding.

No comments: