Wednesday 17 November 2010

The Last 5 Months

You may have noticed a lack of recent blog entries. Not wishing to sound too downcast, things generally haven’t been going that well.

An injury whilst playing football (well I was absolutely clattered) has buggered my back and probably means I have to retire playing altogether, this has meant fishing beyond 10m on the pole has up until recently been a no-no.

Sue is still building up her AVON & Ann Summers business, but that taking time to yield a significant income, but its coming. However the current lack of funds means we are still car sharing and making her business successful takes priority over my fishing needs.

The good news is my work appears to be improving, but again time will tell. Although I already have some exams, a statutory requirement means by the end of 2012, I need more exams. Deep joy! So since my fishing time has already been comprised I have decided to concentrate on getting these exams out of the way.

Despite my back I have managed to do some fishing, although 1 day I truly regretted it, because after 2 hours I could hardly move, the pain was so bad. Fishing up until recently has been restricted to no more than 10m on the pole or fishing with a rod & reel. I did manage a PB weight of 357lb, carp all on pole & paste, which included 11 doubles.
Now my back is much better than it was, it means I can get out a little more often and have started to use a bump bar to help keep the pressure off my back.

A special mention to Mark Poppleton, who despite living in Trowbridge has gone out of his way to pick me up for a couple of recent matches at Lands End – top man.

So I will keep the blog updated, although it won’t be quiet as regular as I would like for the time being.

No comments: