Monday 23 November 2009

22/11/09 - Lands End - Johns Lake

Weight – 54lb 15oz
Catch – 13 Crucian, 9 Carp, 9 Roach, 4 Bream, 3 Tench
Weather – Windy & showery
Water Temp– 11.0c > 11.0c

No match today, instead I took Richard Higgs fishing, who recently brought a load of 2nd hand kit. Rich has fished before, but now wanted to go more regularily and he has been pumping me for information, so I suggested a trip to Lands End

Tony had a match on Match & Speci, so I settled on fishing Johns lake, but with a windy day forecast I set up on peg 55 at the far end of the lake, with Rich on peg 54. At least these pegs are a bit more sheltered and the wind usually comes from behind, so I could fish the pole.

I kept things simple fishing pellet or corn at 13-14m, feeding 3mm pellet & corn. Initially potted pellet & corn every 3rd fish, but it became obvious the fish wanted feeding and a toss pot of feed every put in kept the fishing coming.

Most of the silvers came early in the session, on soft pellet, but as more feed went in the carp arrived and most where caught on corn. I also caught a couple carp on the lead, cast into the swim on peg 57 opposite, when ever the pole swim went quiet or the wind really picked up.

Overall a nice stress free day. As for Rich he caught his 1 and only a carp 1st cast on his carp rod, but I set him up with a waggler so at least he caught a few silvers close in.

No comments: